Escaping Violent Encounters for Women
Education to avoid and prevent yet how to escape if needed- aggression, rape and a violent encounter.
After years of comments by fellow officers, paramedics, firefighters and nurses stating “my wife/daughter should have this class” when they completed an EVE4EMS/Fire course, we decided to listen. At DT4EMS we agreed our tactics and techniques would transition well into a women’s self-defense course and we created EVE4Women.- Kip Teitsort
Focus: Women and young ladies age 13 and up.
The frequency of assault on our sisters, wives, mothers and daughters is alarming. Many women have anecdotal stories of how they were attacked by a person they know or a stranger. While most attacks are not life threatening, the risk of serious injury is evident and unpredictable. Women and young ladies need an effective and reasonable plan on how to avoid an attack, and also know how to defend themselves and escape once attacked. You and your female family members require a reasonable, liability-conscious, effective means of preventing and avoiding rape, abduction and assault by persons known and unknown.
Our E.V.E.-4-Women™ course gives women the options needed to recognize a developing threat of assault, deflect it if possible, escape if practicable, and to defend if necessary. This non-aggressive system of prevention and avoidance takes a realistic approach to the subject, eschewing “idealistic” training concepts and methods providing women with concepts that work in the classroom with cooperative subjects following a script. While “easy-to-sell, feel-good” classes may appeal to many, these systems fail conclusively in the real-world. The inevitable failure of the non-realistic, idealistic training system puts lives and emotional well-being in danger.
- E.V.E.-4-Women™ is a potent, effective, and ultimately practical combination of many different disciplines brought into one comprehensive training course. The curriculum is applicable in every setting, from sitting in a vehicle, being down a dark, dank hallway in the inner city, or in a state of the art building. E.V.E.-4-Women™ provides training in individual skills that every woman should know to personally avoid assault–especially when that woman is working, visiting or strolling in a remote location, or in an area with no other witnesses are present. This E.V.E.-4-Women™ course provides training where verbal and physical deflection skills are simple and easy to remember and apply.
- E.V.E.-4-Women™ is Practical. Our system of assault avoidance and response is designed to be relevant to every woman or young lady–big or small, strong or less so, male or female, trained in defense skills or not. We not only avoid fancy techniques that are forgotten before they leave the class, we just don’t teach them at all. Instead, we teach women, who are some of the most vulnerable in our society, to problem-solve the situation confronting them through concepts of conflict resolution, deflection and recognition, and physical avoidance and escape that are available to everyone.
- E.V.E.-4-Women™ is Defensible. Women across the country face the daily prospect of assault and injury. Without training, they WILL resort to improvised methods of defense.. Their improvisation may later be found to be unrealistic, impractical or unreasonable, and sometimes even have criminal liability E.V.E.-4-Women™ provides “Assault Response Guidelines” for those instances when prevention and avoidance are just not enough.
- E.V.E.-4-Women™ is Designed to be Liability Conscious. Beyond receiving training in the limits to force, participants are trained in articulation and documentation skills that will hold up to any scrutiny in any legal or ethical venue. Sound decisions in the face of a dangerous assault by a known or unknown attacker, and the articulation skills to prove the reasonableness of those responses will reduce the liability exposure in any situation.
E.V.E.-4-Women™ is an 8-hour course covering the basic skills required by any woman when facing possible, or even imminent assault. The course content consists of:
- Verbal skills to diffuse potentially violent encounters.
- Pre-assault indicators. (crowd, body language, Situational Awareness)
- Legal aspects of self-defense.
- Domestic and intimate partner violence prevention
- Mental Preparation (Survival Mindset, Understanding stress and its effects)
- Documentation Skills (Incident Reporting)
- Improvised Weapons (Locations and uses)
- Assault Response Guidelines. (levels of force)
- Escapes from standing, ground and unusual positions.
- Easy to learn and retain “drills” to reinforce reaction timing.